Helping You Plan For Life’s Transitions
We all go through transitions in our lives. Some of them expected, some not. Some transitions tend to bring more joy into our lives; others bring us trouble. In either case, preparing for transitions can smooth our path into the future.
Our mission at Leonard F. Berg, Attorney at Law, is to help our clients go through life’s transitions with as little trouble as possible. With over 30 years of practice in estate planning and estate administration, we have helped hundreds of families plan for life’s transitions.
Some transitions that we help people consider as they develop a plan are:
- Children’s education, weddings, new homes, and children of their own
- The so-called “empty nest” period (after children have left home)
- Leaving their own homes and moving to a smaller home, nursing home or long-term care facility
Asset Preservation Through Use Of Wills, Trusts And Medical Powers of Attorney
One thing we do is draft wills and trusts, living wills, and powers of attorney. But, we also help people consider instruments and arrangements that address more everyday issues, such as:
- “Payable on death” accounts (POD accounts)
- Making sure that all their beneficiary appointments on retirement accounts (IRA accounts, 401(k)s) are up-to-date
- Assisting clients who have been cheated by unscrupulous people in home improvement scams, annuity scams or other scams — sometimes we can help them get their money back or minimize their losses
Providing Probate And Estate Administration Services
We also handle probate and estate administration matters for estates of any size, large or small. We help executors, personal representatives, and administrators handle the administration of an estate as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
If you need assistance with estate planning or other transition planning matter, contact a wills and trusts lawyer, in East Alton, Illinois, to sort out all the issues by calling 618-258-4800 or toll free at 618-258-4800.