While estate planning, elder law, Medicaid planning and estate administration partially describe what our law firm does, they do not go far enough to fully portray our practice. At the law firm of Leonard F. Berg, Attorney at Law, we have developed terms that more accurately define how we help our clients:
- Planning for transitions: We help people plan for all the transitions that happen in our lives, expected as well as unexpected. Often, transitions have to do with growing older. Others have to do with passing on. Many have to do with our immediate family members — spouses, children and parents — but many have to do with extended family and the broader community.
- Community resources planning: Numerous issues confronting our clients are "hybrid" issues. They are a mixture of legal issues and community resource issues. For example, we provide advice regarding the Illinois Department on Aging's Circuit Breaker program, Illinois Cares Rx and other community resources from government agencies and social services agencies, which are often difficult for people to navigate on their own.
- Planning for persons with disabilities: Many issues arise in planning for disability. Some are the same as those that arise in planning for growing older. Others are unique to a specific type of disability. Leonard F. Berg is a lawyer with extensive experience assisting people with special needs and their families.
- General estate planning: We create comprehensive estate plans for our clients, often including wills, trusts, guardianships, powers of attorney and Medicaid estate planning.
- Veterans benefits: Leonard F. Berg is accredited by the Veterans Benefits Administration to provide veterans benefits advice to men and women who have served in the U.S. military.
Finding You The Resources You Need
With more than 30 years of practice in the Alton area and throughout region, we are familiar not only with the many legal issues that accompany planning for the future but also with the wide range of community resources that could be available to you. We want to help you understand your options and utilize the most appropriate resources to resolve your problems and find effective solutions.
Contact An Elder Law And Special Needs Attorney
If you or your family member needs help in planning for life's transitions, we welcome you to contact us online, or call 618-216-6681 or toll free at 888-353-6236 to arrange a consultation with our experienced East Alton estate attorney today. We serve clients across the Metro East and the Illinois River Bend.